- Full payment is required on booking. No booking will be confirmed without full payment
- The day of arrival is charged as 1 full day.
- The day of departure is charged as 1 full day.
- A booking will only be held for 24 hours after booking to allow for an online payment to clear – if full payment is not received the booking will be considered as cancelled.
- A minimum charge applies of three days board except Christmas and New Year when a minimum of five days board applies.
- In the event of owners returning early, the full period booked is still payable.
- 21 days notice of cancellation is required for a full refund of payment. After this time no monies will be refunded.
- No cat will be permitted without an up to date, signed and verified vaccination card including flu and feline infectious enteritis. Full fees will be applied if your cat is refused entry due to incorrect vaccinations.
- A copy of your cats vaccination certificate is required when booking and the original needs to be brought with you on check in.
- Prior to check in you will be asked to sign a form agreeing to the terms and conditions of boarding, and an authority to have your cat/s treated be a vet in the event of illness/emergency.
- All cats should be up to date with flea and worm treatment. We reserve the right to treat your cat for fleas and worms following veterinary consultation should we feel it in the interest of welfare for your cat and that of the others in our care. This will be at your expense.
- The administration of medicines must be agreed prior to arrival and if agreed a letter from your vet with detailed dosage instructions must accompany your pet.
- Changes in illness/veterinary treatment since completing booking forms must be notified on check in.
- If we suspect illness we reserve the right to refuse admittance if there is any risk to other boarders.
- All viewings, arrivals and collections should be made during opening hours only.
- Sharing of chalets only available to compatible cats from the same household we reserve the right to separate cats sharing chalets who become unfriendly. The owner will become liable for the extra boarding costs.
- We do not accept un-neutered cats.
PLEASE NOTE: In the unlikely event of a cat becoming ill during their stay, every reasonable effort will be made to contact the owner prior to seeking veterinary advice. The owners regular vet will be contacted if practical. If this is not possible, The Farmhouse Cattery’s on-call vet will be contacted. The cats owner will be liable for all veterinary and related fees incurred.
HOW TO PAY
The Co-operative Bank
Mrs M Heading T/A The Farmhouse Cattery
sc 08 92 50